Saturday, October 9, 2010

Horfo

This is a story I wrote that inspired two others. Ehhhh.


I've had a good friend named Marcos for about ten years now. It's funny, we wouldn't normally subscribe to the idea that a friendship should be celebrated, but we picked up one pepperoni pizza from Little Caesar's for our "10 Year Friendship Anniversary". Truly an experience. Well, I should probably mention the car wreck, that's what made the night so significant. It was September, and the lights from oncoming cars were simply too much for Marcos' pitiful eyes. He removed his glasses and whispered, "Take me to the place where fear knows no bounds" as we slammed into an oncoming car. It happened so fast. The force of impact lunged my body forward and my head cracked the windshield as the windshield cracked my skull. I lost two teeth in those few seconds.
The chaos settled, and I pulled myself up from the wreck. I stumbled over to where the pizza lay perfectly preserved and picked up a slice. Even with a mouthful of blood & broken glass, that pizza tasted pretty damn good. I sat cross legged on the ground and began to feast on the cheap pizza. I shouted "Pizza party!" and shoved another greasy, cheesy lump in my mouth. In all the excitement of a delicious pizza, I completely forgot about my pal Marcos. I stood up to go find him, but turned around to grab another slice for him.
I gathered that Marcos must have been flung from his car seat into the woods. I ventured further into the dark mysterious forest. I walked for hours until I eventually came across a clearing illuminated by the moonlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment